Awards achieved by members of the Institute for Biomedical Ethics
- 2019 Paul Wainwright Postgraduate Nursing Ethics Student Essay Prize goes to Christopher Poppe
- ESHG Poster Award 2019 European Human Genetics Conference Gothenburg, Sweden. Poster Award 2019. For the conference poster “Most issues covered but not in their full complexity: a newspaper content analysis of ethical issues in predictive genetic testing”: Bettina Zimmermann
- Prix de thèse Aix-Marseille Université 2018. Eloïse Gennet ranked first within the legal faculty and obtained a PhD prize from Aix-Marseille University for her doctoral dissertation entitled "Vulnerable people and clinical trials. Reflexions in European law".
Prix Jean-Marie Auby 2019 goes to Eloïse Gennet. Every second year, the French Association for Health Law is awarding a PhD prize. Eloïse Gennet is one of the two PhD graduates to have been awarded the "Prix Jean-Marie Auby 2019" for her doctoral dissertation entitled "Vulnerable people and clinical trials. Reflexions in European law".
- Prix de droit européen, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Aix-Marseille University, France. PhD prize in European law for the best thesis on a topic related to European Union law or European law. Title: VULNERABLE PEOPLE AND CLINICAL TRIALS Reflections on European law. Dr. Éloïse Gennet.
- Förderpreis der Josef und Luise Kraft-Stiftung München: Menschenrechte und Ethik in der Medizin für Ältere. Second prize for the project "Menschenrechte und Ethik: Die Gesundheitsversorgung von älteren inhaftierten Personen“, September 2018: Dr. Tenzin Wangmo, Dr. Violet Handtke, Dr. Wiebke Bretschneider, Prof. Dr. Dipl Theol. Bernice Elger
- PhD Dissertation Award - Academic Year 2016/17. Medical Feaculty, University of Basel, September 201: Dr. Priya Satalkar
- Vontobel-Preis für Alter(n)sforschung 2018: Dr. Marcello Ienca, Dr. Tenzin Wangmo, Prof. Dr. Bernice Elger
- Emilie Louise Frey–Preis zur Förderung junger Wissenschaftlerinnen: Dr. Katharina Ruhe
- PhD Dissertation Award – Academic Year 2014/2015. Medical Faculty Universität Basel: Dr. Stuart Mc Lennan, October 2016
- KHM-Forschungspreis Hausarztmedizin: Essential Competencies in End-of-Life Care: a Cross-Sectional Survey. Stéphanie Giezendanner, Corinna Jung, Hans-Ruedi Banderet, Ina Carola Otte, Heike Gudat, Dagmar M. Haller, Bernice Simone Elger, Elisabeth Zemp, Klaus Bally, Liestal
- Paul Schotsmans Prize, European Association of Centres of Medical Ethics (EACME), Leuven (Belgium) Achievement honored: Best Young Researcher Contribution: Marcello Ienca, September 8, 2016
- ETH Zürich - Congressi Stefano Franscini (CSF) Award. Achievement Honored: Best Poster Award Marcello Ienca. Conference: “Moral Technologies”, Monte Verità, Ascona (Switzerland) Date: July 17, 2016
“Paul Schotsmans prize 2016” to Anna Genske (Research Unit Ethics, Universal Hospital Cologne) for her scientific contribution ‘“Prescription of Drugs: Yes, Dialysis: Maybe, Heart Surgery: No? Decision-Making Capacity and the Notion of Relativity in Dementia Patients - A Comparative Analysis in Medical Ethics and Law”
Marcello Ienca (Institute for Biomedical Ethics Basel) will receive a “second” prize, as both abstracts were quite close in our Daily Board selection, for his scientific contribution “Proactive Ethics for Empowering Technology: Critical Issues in Technological Innovation for Dementia Care”.