CV of Dr phil. Ralf Stutzki
Ralf Stutzki was born in 1964 in Herten/Germany and is currently visiting lecturer at the University of Basel and King Abdullah International Medical Research Center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He received a Master degree in Religious Studies from Florida State University, a European Master degree in Bioethics from the universities of Leuven, Padua, Basel and Nijmegen and a PhD in Medical Ethics from the University of Basel.
His current research project on end-of-life decisions of Swiss ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) patients and their caregivers has been funded by Käthe Zingg Schwichtenberg Fonds in Basel.
Stutzki is also an experienced journalist, having authored for DRS, WDR, SWR, BR, NDR, Frankfurter Rundschau and TAZ. He is presently producing the award-winning broadcast series “DU bist Radio.” The purpose of this program is the development of a new media format which - without applying any journalistic filter and influence - conveys authenticity of expression amongst society's most vulnerable fellow citizens like patients, prisoners and the socially deprived.
Awards and scholarships
- Katholischer Medienpreis 2011 der Deutschen Bischofskonferenz: Prädikat WERTvoll
- Medienpreis Aargau Solothurn 2010
- Prix Europa 2009 (nominiert)
- Alternativer Medienpreis 2009 der Nürnberger Medienakademie
- Go Radio Preis der Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
- Hörfunkpreis der Landesanstalt für Rundfunk (LfR)
- City-Offensive Förderpreis des Landes NRW
- Teaching Assistant Scholarship Oral Roberts University Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Teaching Assistant Scholarship Florida State University Tallahassee, Florida